Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Beauty, Much Ado About You...(Legs)


 Beauty, in the eyes of who?

 Hey! Look again, yes look at yourself... The shape of your face, your nose, you ears, your front (whatever that means...), your back (whatever that also means...) , ahaa, your legs... and all...

 
    
 
“Beauty itself is but the sensible image of the infinite” said once the historian George Bancroft. The nature of beauty is one of the most fascinating riddles of philosophy. Is beauty universal? How do we know it? How can we predispose ourselves to embrace it?



This narrative is born out of my personal experiences. I have been given various compliments about my legs for example, like...' hey you have a footballer's legs...' ...'hey your kinda legs are called sexy in Ghana' '...hey your legs are too big', '...your legs will look so good on heels...'

Some are nice while others are not. Here I decide do have that feel good time with how God made me. I look at myself again, and I'm glad I have what I have no matter the compliments. The appreciation of beauty takes place in an aesthetic attitude. This is the state of contemplating a subject with no other purpose than appreciating it.

So feel good about yourself. By the way, spot which are mine...

Thank you for your time.





                             


The appreciation of beauty, to sum up, is something that is worthwhile to cultivate, for its consequences and in itself.


images are (c) Chidinma C. 2014
 
Other reference;

What Is Beauty?


2 comments: