Thursday, August 11, 2011

Looming Moments


These are pictures taken at different times and places. Just as the lands are so filled with textures, so also is the sky. I remember the first time I travelled by air I was so scared to death, until someone by my side noticed the anxiety and fear and gave me some comforting words, ‘don’t worry, relax, just as cars do gallop on the roads, the airplane does the same when it comes in contact with thick clouds on air’ these words did little or nothing to change the fact that I needed to stand on the earth again at that moment as soon as possible to escape the ‘torture’ of being on ‘air’. Interestingly, I managed to relax until I happily got out of the cage.



These textures lying up above me gives me so many confusing thoughts and brings about dramatic moments in my mind, or would I say my head; because of its so many kinds of appearance and forms. Strength, ruggedness, rage, vibrancy and war it comes with, minutes again, it returns with a kind of peace offering, showing calmness. In all, it speaks in a way, holding back and giving out at will. This is one of the moments I just sit, watch and contemplate …








All images are copyright ©chidinma nnorom. July 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment