Monday, May 9, 2011

“My Existence”

I found myself serving in a village in the Niger Delta part of Nigeria, a time when young graduates dedicate a year of their lifetime serving the country. It was very different from Lagos, where I have lived all my life. I found myself engaging with the people who have made farming their source of living and existence. They have so much associated themselves with their immediate physical space. Some parts of the country in this form are forgotten or rather not talked about; it is really funnier to know that they are very well remembered when it is time for a democratic transition.


Blend ii (2011)

“My Existence” is an on-going photography project which shows the very beautiful nature of the people and their existence. Through this project I am able to imagine myself existing among some people whom I will call ‘different’ and ‘unrelenting’, a strong symbol of existence to the wider nation, despite the hazards they go through in farming, I couldn’t help but wonder how positive and beautiful their mindsets are.



Dust To Dust (2011)


Dawn (2011)


Blend (2011)

3 comments:

  1. Nice one Chidinma...i really love to see more of your works (articles and pics) on this blog. keep moving..

    ReplyDelete
  2. yup, nice, hope you paid the model, thanks for the autographed card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the brace up obinna, I really appreciate it cos it's been kinda difficult. Olu, I won't call what I did 'pay', but the model was blessed. I know you just wanna be funny about the autographed card, you are welcomed anyway.

    ReplyDelete